The California Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Program invites you to join us on October 29-30, 2012 for Hearts United in Healing, the 32nd Annual California SIDS Program Fall Conference. This year's events and agenda have been planned in collaboration with the Southern California Regional SIDS Council and the California Department of Public Health, Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health Division. The conference will take place on October 30th at the California Endowment Center located at 1000 North Alameda Street, Los Angeles, California 90012. An evening of complimentary pre-conference events will take place on October 29th at the nearby DoubleTree by Hilton Los Angeles Downtown (formerly Kyoto Grand Hotel and Gardens) which is at 120 S. Los Angeles Street, Los Angeles.
This conference is for:
Clergy . Coroners . Daycare Providers . Emergency Personnel . Families . Family Physicians . Fire Department Personnel . Foster Parents . Funeral Directors . General Practitioners . Grandparents . Health Care Administrators . Hospital Personnel . Law Enforcement Personnel . Medical Examiners . Nurses . Parents . Pathologists . Pediatricians . Public Health Nurses . SIDS Coordinators . Social Workers . Students . and Those individuals interested in learning more about Sudden Infant Death Syndrome and other sleep-related infant deaths.
At the end of the conference, participants will be able to:
- Understand grief, its' impact on families/relationships and how to effectively cope with the loss of an infant.
- Acquire knowledge about current theories/research surrounding SIDS and other sleep related infant deaths.
- Interact with SIDS experts about issues and concerns related to the sudden unexpected death of an infant.
- Learn techniques and interventions to promote healing and empowerment.
- Network with the California SIDS Community to exchange information and explore healing modalities.
- Identify ways to replace grief with hope and rediscover life, love and laughter.